#navbar-iframe {display: none !important;}

Sunday, June 19, 2011

#Trending

If my life was on Twitter : here's what's trending.

#carowinds : I just got my season pass and have already been twice in one week!! I went last week with my friends Sara and Claire, who were my companions on my first trip on the Intimidator. That ride is incredible!! I will pretty much always panic on the way up and wonder what I'm doing.. but the rest is one crazy thrilling ride! My dad and I went out there today to celebrate Father's Day and just like old times, we cruised our way around with no maps, obligations, or cell phones. It's way cool friends.. get yourselves out there.

#adele : I can't stop listening to Adele! Her voice is sultry, smoky, powerful, strong, passionate : if I had a voice like that, I probably wouldn't ever stop singing (which means I would change my 'would you rather' answer from always speaking in rhymes to always having to sing). My current favorite songs are "Someone like You," "I Found a Boy," "One and Only".. and just about every song on her 21 album.

#romans8 : Always trending.

#mykindle : I've fallen in love with books all over again.

#maryaustinslate : My friend Mary Austin is one inspiring woman! Over coffee, burrito bowls, bad movies, Kindles, Hunger Game and Peeta love, she's taught me so much about having a gracious, gentle, God-loving spirit. Her heart for Christ and her cornerness are spilling into my life in a big way.

#baseball : All-stars coming up!

#newmoleskine : New journal (and it's red)!

#leshers : These three (+ one) continue to show me a family centered on Christ, how we should serve each other in community, and what surrender, trust, patience, humility, and friendship looks like. I'm so grateful for you Todd and Abbey who have made the Gospel so clear through words, actions, and genuine corner. Feels so good to be fully known and so fully loved!

#ephesians6:10-18 : put on that armor of God!!

#restinJesus : After some recent days of wrestling, I reached a point where I started questioning what I'd learned, couldn't figure anything out, and kept ramming into dead ends. When I reach that point (frequently), I essentially give up and decide Jesus is my only option. But as I wrote down in my journal "rest in Jesus," that looked a little.. cliche to me. Rest in Jesus? What does that really mean? What does that rest provide me? Those aren't just words of comfort! Wanna see my list? I rest in Jesus because.. He saves my identity. He is All-Goodness, All-Loving, He is Perfect. Because He LOVES. Because He went to a cross and died to save. Because He understands. Because He is with me every step of this journey. He is the God and King of this universe. Because I could never reciprocate the love He gives or the life He led.. and I AM LOVED ANYWAY. Yes, I'll rest in the beauty and peace of Jesus.

#mystory : In progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment