#navbar-iframe {display: none !important;}

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

Feeling thankful these days! In the spirit of the holiday and in my new discipline of gratitude, I have been blown away by where God has led me, His abundant gifts, what He has taught me, and how patient, loving, kind, gracious, faithful our good Father is.

It leaves me speechless.

As my friend reminded me, WHAT A LOVE.

Counting myself as a grateful, loved, cherished, blessed child of God, I am..

Thankful for Forest Hill Rock Hill community, for my job, for the kids, volunteers, families I see every week. Thankful for my team.
Thankful for seminary and for education.
Thankful for tinys. New, precious, baby tinys.
Thankful for conversations, for words of life. For accountability because without it, I can't imagine where'd I be.
Thankful for the Advance ministry, for students. For high schoolers who love Jesus.
Thankful for coffee. For that Baxter Starbucks patio.
Thankful for music, all kinds of music.
Thankful for books, all kinds of books.
Thankful for my story, that God is a God who wastes nothing, who works all things together for good.
Thankful for corner, for your love, truth, caring for my soul, reminders, encouragement, Christlikeness, vulnerability, availability. For the true life giving power of community.
Grateful that I was created, given life, that I am loved.
Grateful for Jesus Christ, that He came to earth as a man, took on flesh, lived, taught, breathed, and died a sacrificial death. Grateful for His death, His resurrection, for His sacrifice. Grateful that He changes my life and redeems my attitudes, words, actions, thoughts.
Grateful for a God who makes beautiful things, grateful for that ultimate Beautiful Thing.

I am so grateful.
The whole of my life, so grateful.
From the bottom of my heart, so grateful.

Happy day of thanks.

I have more than one thousand gifts and I am so grateful MOST OF ALL for the God who rescues and who makes beautiful things out of the dust. He has been unreasonably gracious to me in all of the above and more. WHAT A LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment