#navbar-iframe {display: none !important;}

Thursday, June 7, 2012

25

June 2 has come and gone - and I'm 25 now! The significance of that age hasn't sunk in yet, but what has sunk in holds far greater importance.

I am so grateful.

Original Pancake House breakfast with my sister (warning : their coffee is gross). We ate and talked and shared a meal and time together.
Pool party for my birthday twin, Helen, who turned six that day. I jumped off diving boards and laid out by the pool. oh so fun.
Then a birthday lunch with some of the dearest people I know. My dear friend Meredith asked if I had any goals for the coming year and I got to share them around the table.
Pedicure (the most relaxing thing you can do).
Dinner at Village Tavern with my parents.
And then late night bow and arrow and BB gun shooting with one of my favorite families (who also sang happy birthday to me THREE times. i love those Greens).

I did and saw and heard and felt loved by all the people I most hold dear.

And as I've thought through and processed my birthday and one year older, I realized. My birthday was special in all kinds of ways .. but so are all of my days! All of my days are birthday worthy - people and conversations and love and food and starbucks and shooting guns (haha).
I live a birthday kind of life!

What a gift to be able to go through my day and do all of these awesome things I get to experience weekly and intentionally get the chance to think on blessings and new life and the celebration of community. I wish I could shout it so loud - my birthday was so special because it was a celebration of all the things right in front of me! All the wonderful things I am a part of and the people I get to walk through life with.

One year older and I am most grateful. So grateful.

What a gift in each and every day.
For where I am. For where He has lead me. For who He has surrounded me with.
Such wonderful, lovely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment