#navbar-iframe {display: none !important;}

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beautiful Freedom. Beautiful Grace.

God's been telling me something about freedom.
Like a season last year when God kept bringing up story and kept saying over and over again 'story' and what I learned and let go and how God was present through mine - what a fruitful time!

And now, since April, I've been hinting and blogging and writing and hearing and living and seeking freedom - and I'm here saying, listening, 'God. you've got my attention. what's up?'

I had lunch with a dear friend yesterday who just became a foster mom of two precious baby girls. And our conversation centered around the work of God and the act of trusting Him and how honestly nothing we do can be done without Him. And I talked about my season and my learnings and how it would feel to have no fear, no worry, to really really trust who God says He is..

and then she said it.
she said, 'that would be FREEDOM.'

brings tears to my eyes.
so beautiful.

And in this journey, in this life, in this constant dependency, I want to free fall into that freedom. To walk in it, live by it, to not fall again into a yoke of slavery. To stand firm and live a Galatians 5 kind of life. To point and trust and to live and love as Christ.

and grace. To live by grace.
and prayer. To thrive through prayer.
to pause on all that is trivial and live for all that is eternal.

I don't know yet what this all will yield, but I know I owe the all and whole of my life to the One who saves. And in the times when I forget, when I stumble, when I'm disobedient and led astray, He welcomes me back. oh He welcomes me back. He's given me a new song to sing, a new story to tell, a new life to live, a new creation to be.

what a most grateful, blessed and holy, set apart existence I have been given the grace to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment