#navbar-iframe {display: none !important;}

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

I'm almost 100% sure that Phil Wickham dyes his hair jet black. I knew there was a reason I connected so well to his music.

It's always about people. The people you're serving, impacting, influencing, the ones you're in community with. Something a friend told me once : "'At the end of your life, when you stand before God, make sure you have stood for something that matters. And what matters to God is His people.' If there's anything you have been standing for these past months, I think we can say for sure that it's His people. You've stood and you've kneeled and you've been knocked over.. but I think it all counts as standing."

Jay and Julia Wells are amazing additions to the Advance family.

I can already feel this new seminary journey increasing my dependency on Christ and discipline in all areas of my life. I can already feel myself choosing a different option when I get overwhelmed and stressed. I've been reminding myself of why I am going back to learn : to help kids in trauma and women in prison.

I hold on to things so tightly in my life (resolution, conversations, reconciliation, future) and I have felt lately God loosening my fists. I feel Him steadily reminding me that He is the Great Sustainer, Author, All-Knowing Savior. I can feel myself moving into unknown territories of calm, surrender, and peace and my over working mind is breathing words and thoughts of thanks.

I had to look up how to spell 'steadily.'

My Kindle screen broke the other day and before a true panic set in, I called Amazon and am getting a free warranty replacement. In the meantime, I picked up a real book and not gonna lie, it felt weird.

Phil Wickham's 'Response' has been on repeat. 'Sun and Moon' is really speaking to me right now. "If You are the sun, then I want to be the moon. I want to reflect that light that shines from You" (am I reflecting Him?).

I wish my friends blogged more (you know who you are).

I never want to forget where I've been, where I've come from, and how Christ has given me new life. My story is an example of how God has been so faithful and I want to love Him to the end.

So excited about Advance this fall! I've had some incredible growth the past few months and am ready to not do it my way anymore.

Disciplining myself to rest in the peace of God. All that it entails, all that it gives me, all that it soothes, all that it calms : I want to choose that peace. I can't even begin to describe the transformation I feel in my mind just by letting that truth sink in. Where there were minefields and false steps that would set off bombs of unrest and unease, there is now the picture of Christ.

I still think Pitbull is the worst thing to happen to music, but his song 'Give Me Everything' is so catchy, I can't even take it (okay, I'm embarrassed I admitted that.. delete..).

Learning to live life in the moments of what God gives.

Always so grateful for the people in my life who talk through things with me, who talk me to Christ, and who love.

Christ died while we were still sinners.

I've never been so sure that I am at the right church.

No comments:

Post a Comment