#navbar-iframe {display: none !important;}

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Just Some Thoughts

I am in every sense, with all my being, completely fascinated and in love with the Old Testament. What a rich, rich history of God's faithfulness.

Just found out about Trip Lee's new album.. and can't stop. This Lil Wayne sound-a-like has got some holy truth coursing through his raps (listen to One Sixteen : holla mbjolly and tlesh!)

Robbi Fischer was the speaker at Gordon-Conwell's chapel this weekend. What a unexpected, wonderful gift.

I have a game plan to wean myself off cream and sugar and start drinking my coffee black. Wish me luck.

My life group girls for weeks and weeks have been molding each other through the Spirit and been in process of love and service. We are asking ourselves the question of how can we love each day - in huge, big, and little ways. What a powerful, wonderful group of accountability and intentionality and community.

The words of Jesus in John 15:9 says "abide in my love." Abide. Remain. Rest. in the love of Christ.

Continuing to learn gratitude. Continuing to choose gratitude. Continuing to humbly rest in the moments and gifts of the days that God gives. Continuing to understand it's a process with stumbles and falls on the way. But there is so much to be thankful for in each day! And I am learning to unpack that and I am learning to see.

Have I mentioned how much I love the Old Testament?? Being able to see the grand narrative of God's redemption and His plan and love for His people is almost breathtaking. It makes the idea, the presence, the wondrous life, love, and mission of Christ more real and significant. And to think I used to avoid it.

God always honors confession and repentance and the humbling of ourselves.

I finished watching Friday Night Lights (five seasons in one month) and I'm feeling a little bit of a letdown. Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose (that's for you, Jenny).

The words we say are of the most eternal importance. We have the choice to point others towards Christ or away, to save or condemn, reconcile or dismiss, to tear down or build up. This redemption is a part of my story and I am most grateful for the opportunity to be mindful of what I say. It's always something I am wrestling with and thinking through. Words as worship.

I was talking to my dad this morning about what he says to his little league team when they face a pressure situation, bases loaded. Life goes on, it's not the end of the world. You'll go home after the game to your house with your family. But in that moment, you have the choice between being tense or feeling relaxed. And when you relax, you are free to do well. Understanding it's just a moment and that life goes on and that there is most definitely a choice to relax, you are free to focus and free to.. get those runners in!

Anyone that wants to help me design my tattoo, feel free to jump on board.

I am so grateful for my church and for this life of ministry.

My dear, sweet friend MA is soon to be married to wonderful, Christ-loving Chance. I'm excited and happy and so so honored to be part of this day of joy and celebration! This friend I have in Mary Austin is one who has shown me the light and love of Christ for which I am most grateful.

Always so grateful for the people in my life who talk through things with me, who talk me to Christ, and who love.

Three thoughts in a row with the word grateful. It's been a life changer.

Christ came to give life and that life is found most fully in the cross.

1 comment:

  1. can we talk about the old testament some more? love it...love you

    ReplyDelete