#navbar-iframe {display: none !important;}

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bold

I am constantly learning about prayer. Constantly being stretched in my prayer life to learn a greater dependency in translating my inner thought monologues into a dialogue with the Father. And in this time, in this season, I am learning bold prayer. Learning Hebrews 4:15-16. Drawing near with confidence to the throne of grace and receiving mercy and finding grace. Because we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but who in every respect, has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. What a gift to draw near.

And drawing near is intimate and it is powerful and profound. Our Father says come, tell Me, tell Me, because I know it all anyway. I made you and love you. And lately, for me, I hear Him whispering approach me boldly. All that my human nature says is think about it, pray about it. But the thinking can be my prayers and they all can be honoring the Father. All of it can be brought before Him. There doesn't have to be a separation.

Bold prayer is not telling God what we want or demanding we get what we desire. It is a posture of belief. I'm still learning and I am still wading through, but I believe that bold prayer says God, I believe you are who you say you are and you can do what you say you can do. And I believe God says yes! or He says no, not right now. He is a good, good, GOOD Father who does not shoo you away and gasp in surprise or disgust at what nerve you have to ask Him that.

Our Father desires us to be in intimate communion with Him.

Bold prayer communicates, God I'm bringing this all before you because I trust you, I want your will to be done. And what my mind sometimes asks, but how do I know what to pray if I don't know the will of God? how bold can I make my prayers?
But it's not about those questions. It's about posture, humility, Scripture. Who do the Scriptures say God is? The Scriptures say God is Healer, He loves companionship and relationship, the fruit of the Spirit. That is His will. It's praying with the motives for His time, His plan, for His glory. And ask. I believe He says ask.

I am learning that in this season of my life, I can't afford to not pray. I'm wading in new territories, doing new things, making new decisions, navigating hope over fear and I LITERALLY CANNOT DO IT WITHOUT PRAYER. I literally cannot do this journey on my own. I do not have the wisdom to do it on my own. And while that may be daunting, it really is not because I am learning boldness. I am learning to abide in Jesus, to drown it all in prayer, to be free, and to approach the Father with my heart. Oh, with this heart of mine.

Because really what is underneath bold prayer is a desire to honor Him and worship Him. It's about seeking His will and watching Him reveal His path. I am relearning that 'bold' does not mean 'selfish,' that 'bold' can mean 'trust,' and bold humility can be a most beautiful thing.

The Lord has gone before me. He leads my right hand. He guides me with His counsel and He will receive me to glory. And as I am simultaneously learning this boldness manifested in prayer, I am learning armor of God. Be bold under the protection of God. Stand firm! And pray at all times, in all things, in every occasion.

Humbly, boldly pray.
Make prayer a priority and pursue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment